The Policy Group Advantage.
The Policy Group is pleased to announce Steve Metcalf's ranking as the 14th “Most Influential” lobbyist in the NC General Assembly in a 2012 survey of legislators, lobbyists and the press conducted by the nonpartisan North Carolina Center for Public Policy Research.
Drawing upon more than 30 years of combined professional experience in policy development and implementation, The Policy Group has honed a clear and concise understanding of the complex nature of government legislation and offers highly focused, informed governmental relations, tactical legislative strategies, and diligently researched business development services for its clients’ individualized needs.
The Policy Group is led by President Steve Metcalf and represented by firm partners, John Metcalf and Chris Wall.
Prior to founding The Policy Group in 2003, Mr. Metcalf’s diverse background in both the legislative and executive branches of state government combined with his extensive experience in the private sector decidedly influenced his keen ability to identify and facilitate realistic, achievable legislative and governmental strategies with positive results.
Complemented by Mr. John Metcalf’s skillful public and private sector public relations and coalition building experience, The Policy Group has earned a collective trust among its constituents. It is uniquely positioned with meaningful, productive working relationships critical in advancing comprehensive approaches for common goals.
The Policy Group Advantage.
Our philosophy is to operate as an extension of your organization.
At The Policy Group, we consider our clients to be our partners. Building trustworthy relationships and understanding the inner workings of our clients’ businesses and their various needs allow us to advance truly collaborative and comprehensive efforts on their behalf. From educational service and municipal clients to non-profit and corporate entities, it has been our pleasure to effectively represent the following organizations:
- Automated Health Care Services
- City of Rocky Mount
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- Edgecombe County
- Edgecombe County Public Schools
- Greene County
- Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health
- Mission Health System
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools
- National Pork Producers
- NC Association of County Directors of Social Services
- NC City Schools Consortium
- North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives Incorporated
- North Carolina Community Support Providers Council dba NC Providers Council
- North Carolina Housing Coalition
- North Carolina Mentor
- North Carolina Pest Management Association
- North Carolina Pork Council
- Recreational Fishing Alliance of NC
- RHA Management Services, Inc.
- School Nutrition Association of NC
- Small Rural Schools Consortium
- Town of Boone
- Zealandia Holding Company, Inc.
From educational endowments to community outreach programs, we believe in philanthropic involvement.
The Policy Group and its employees support and applaud the following organizations and their charitable efforts.
Informed research is the backbone of every successful effort.
Please review the informative links for your reference:
North Carolina State Government Links