The Policy Group Advantage.
Drawing upon more than 40 years of combined professional experience in policy development and implementation, The Policy Group has honed a clear and concise understanding of the complex nature of government legislation and offers highly focused, informed governmental relations, tactical legislative strategies, and diligently researched business development services for its clients’ individualized needs.
The Policy Group is led by President Steve Metcalf and represented by firm partners, John Metcalf and Chris Wall, and associate, Emma Shelby.
Prior to founding The Policy Group in 2003, Mr. Metcalf’s diverse background in both the legislative and executive branches of state government combined with his extensive experience in the private sector decidedly influenced his keen ability to identify and facilitate realistic, achievable legislative and governmental strategies with positive results.
Complemented by Mr. John Metcalf’s skillful public and private sector public relations and coalition building experience, The Policy Group has earned a collective trust among its constituents. It is uniquely positioned with meaningful, productive working relationships critical in advancing comprehensive approaches for common goals.
The Policy Group Advantage.
Our philosophy is to operate as an extension of your organization.
At The Policy Group, we consider our clients to be our partners. Building trustworthy relationships and understanding the inner workings of our clients’ businesses and their various needs allow us to advance truly collaborative and comprehensive efforts on their behalf. From educational service and municipal clients to non-profit and corporate entities, it has been our pleasure to effectively represent the following organizations:
- American Kennel Club, Inc.
- City of Rocky Mount
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- Flat River Hemp Company
- Greene County
- Marsy's Law for All
- Mission Health System
- National Pork Producers
- NC Association of County Directors of Social Services
- NC Association of Regional Councils of Government
- NC City Schools Consortium
- North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives Incorporated
- NC Providers Council
- North Carolina Housing Coalition
- North Carolina Pest Management Association
- North Carolina Pork Council
- The Nurse-Family Partnership
- Reach Out and Read Carolinas
- Reynolds American Incorporated
- RHA Management Services, Inc.
- School Nutrition Association of NC
- Small Rural Schools Consortium
- Town of Boone
- Western Governors University
From educational endowments to community outreach programs, we believe in philanthropic involvement.
The Policy Group and its employees support and applaud the following organizations and their charitable efforts.
Informed research is the backbone of every successful effort.
Please review the informative links for your reference:
North Carolina State Government Links